Bodyside Moulding - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Bodyside Moulding

Featured Replies

I just removed the bodyside mouldings from my 73. What a major improvement, they really did detract from the lines, at least in my opinion. I won't be putting them back on the car after paint, however, I imagine someone doing a factory quality restore may want them. I have the complete set, and all of the parts are in good shape (they were riveted on). Are these worth anything, or should I just store them with the rest of the extra stuff?

I won't be putting them back on the car after paint, however, I imagine someone doing a factory quality restore may want them. I have the complete set, and all of the parts are in good shape (they were riveted on). Are these worth anything, or should I just store them with the rest of the extra stuff?

As far as I know they're all aftermarket and at best installed by the dealer. I removed mine as well but threw them away.

Ah....but don't throw them away.

I've not investigated how easy it is to find the older style rubber door bumpers (the one with the aluminum rail) but I do know that the newer style is just taped on. There may be others who would like to replace a piece or two or are just looking for the end bits.

2¢

E

Good point. Mine were metal and riveted on but weren't in great shape.

keep em.

i would buy them if they were green. 2 of mine are cracked and all are faded.

so some one else must need red.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.