IGNORED

Injection and Supercharge 240K GL coupe.

Hi all,

Love the car, sleek, sexy, curvaceous.

I have been told by reliable sources that the injectors/superchargers off the VS S-Pac fits the 240K with only a slight adjustment. The VS is reccomended due to availability, cost, and it delivers a lot more HP for my dollar.

Can anyone help with this, or advise a better method

You should sack your reliable source

To convert your L24 to EFI you will need to source an EFI manifold (or make one), as well as acquire the following parts:

EFI pump

AFM or MAP sensor

ECU (to suit sensor)

Some form of CAS

Correct wiring harness

Ambient and coolant temp sensors

O2 sensor if you want any kind of closed loop control

Install it all and tune it

There are factory L6 EFI manifolds about, but not sure whether they accept the Commodore injectors. (you will need the hose tail style infector - made by Bosch and Lucas as well, I believe)

The supercharger can be made to fit, just need to gear it correctly. If it worked on a 3.8L Buick boat anchor, it should work on an L24 ok (probably a bit on the big side, but depends on what you want to achieve really)

That's a very brief overview, and I'm sure I've forgotten something. It's all doable, but all cost money.

If you want to make your car go faster, you can get close to 300hp from an L28, more if you want to play with turbos.

Just remember the old adage:

Cheap

Fast

Reliable.

Pick 2.

Sell the K and get an XB coupe. :)

But seriously.

Get an injected L28 from a 280zx as the base for this. You'd have to get all the parts from an injected L28 anyway and try to retrofit them to the L24, so just start with a L28.

Alternatives, well the L28 came out Turbo as well, so turbo parts are available from the ebay USA.

www.hybridz.org has heaps of info on turbos, injectors and modifying L28's.

Curvaceous. Never heard the K called that before, its all sharp lines and angles. :)

Get an injected L28 from a 280zx as the base for this. You'd have to get all the parts from an injected L28 anyway and try to retrofit them to the L24, so just start with a L28.

why not buy a cheap MR30, that how I put EFI on my 240K, every thing you need, from Fuel pump, manifold, injectors, TPS, Fuse / relays, wiring harness, ECU, etc. Just transplant it from one car to the other .

and also it's setup for a L24, so its not running rich, like it would if you put the gear from a 280z

mine cost me about $300ish from memory, and a few weekends installing it.

I have a link on here somewhere with what i did.

http://classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23964

and

http://classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24224

Nigel