280ZX information needed - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

280ZX information needed

Featured Replies

Does a 1981 280ZX non-turbo 5-speed come equipped with an R200 LSD or merely an open differential?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

I think that the first Z's to get LSD were the Z31 turbos. S130's I think would be open diffs even on the turbos (unless its been modified).

I have a r200 3.545 in my 77 - as far as I know it is a LSD.

Rick, I have the same differential in my 78. It's the standard differential for a 77-78 manual trans S30. Unless you or someone else changed it, it's not a LSD.

If you are ever absolutely sure you know the answer to a question - better to bite your tongue.

Old saying "sometimes it's better to say nothing and look like a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Later:stupid:

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

81 n/a more than likely came with an R-180. all the ones I've seen in junkyards have the r180. The turbos came with an r200 and cv joint half shaft. the 2+2 I saw had the cv joint axle with an r180 diffy. as above the lsd diffy didn't appear until the later z31's

This might help...

Just noticed this chart only covers to 1978. I'll look for the other one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.