IGNORED

15x10 GTR wheels now available in Oz

Picking through the Performance Wheels catalogue the other day, I noticed they are now making the Superlite (minilite style, which the Watanabe brigade have so embraced) and Challenger (like the Bathurst Globes) both in a 15x10, with -26 offset.

Yes, folks, mega deep dish wheels off the shelf to fit your GTR replica. When I still had my 240K I struggled to find anything that would come close to filling out the flares. Even the 15x8 +4 was going to be way short of filling the guard.

These should retail for under $300 per wheel. Not bad comapred to what some people pay for unknown condition second hand stuff from Japan (not to mention potential quarantine issues with importing second hand goods)

Makes me wish I'd kept the project.

• 2 weeks later...

If you like running it in comp, they have 16 x 10's Superlites in the same offset too.

btw, you can get some variation in offset by talking to Performance direct. They've built me some oddball Superlites in the past.

Thought I should add this:

Superlites (like all Performance wheels) are manufactured to Australian standards. Lot's easier to get past registration/engineering plus insurance doesn't have a problem (as long as they are told about them).

Watanabes of recent vintage seem to be OK but early ones don't have the safety rim bead just inboard of the tyre bead seat and are just plain illegal.