IGNORED

My new 240K

bonzelite

Here it is, finally :smoke:

Thanks to Brian and Kent. From an Australian paddock to San Diego, California, to Phoenix, Arizona, then driven back to Los Angeles, CA ---> this is probably the last stop for this one. It's a keeper and will be converted to GT-R appearance.

It ran flawlessly for the 400 mile journey from AZ to CA, with the exception being that it blew (probably) the front seal and sprayed oil out during the journey. We stopped frequently to refill the oil (which was not too much actually considering the conditions, about 3 quarts total), and drove it just under 100km/hr (60mph) as to not exacerbate the condition.

It rides and drives like a smooth Cadillac, the L24 quiet and worthy. I have decided to tackle this one before I dig into my R32 GT-R project, so expect to see some developments on here as time gets by.

I'm so overjoyed to be a part of this.

post-14346-1415080138693_thumb.jpg

post-14346-14150801387543_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

As of now, I plan to rebuild the extant L24 with a more aggressive cam, Stg 1 probably, and a header with better exhaust flow. I have already had for months a triple Mikuni setup in a box in my garage specifically for this purpose. I will take some pics of that unit and post them here.

I am going to do a 5-speed swap. I've already acquired the clutch pedal assembly and currently have a transmission in the works. I plan to lower the car and uprate the suspension with stiffer springs and sway bars.

I will do a drum to disc conversion to mimic a GT-R setup. I have a wooden Nardi, period correct, steering wheel and shift knob. I will paint the car GT-R red as this color is gorgeous and seldom performed. It's always silver or white (which look great, too, but are very expected).

I will go 15 inch vintage deep lip wheels, probably SSR Mk2 or Mk3. I will probably as well have a set of Watanabe TypeF8 that befit the production-correct appearance, but in 15".

I will do my best to acquire GT-R-correct tails. I have already found a GT-R genuine grille and will have that soon. I would love to get my hands on an S20 engine. I'd put that in there. That would truly enable the car to have GT-R DNA and be nearly a GT-R in more than just appearance or performance. But that is somewhat a pipe dream at this point. But we can never know.

Looks like your building up quite a collection of nice parts for it. I like the mags and the triple's. What are you doing to the head other than cams? any porting when you rebuild the L24?

It's good to see another 240k being tuned into a bit of street weaponary. Will you be chopping up the rear guards to fit the fenders? the shot of the side showing the steel under the rears looks classy :P

Every K owner out there is after a S20, we can only wish, dream or cough up bucket loads of cash.

congrats on finally getting it home!!

real shame about the seal :( sound like it was a good thing that i didn't drive it the 2000km's + that we had planned to on the rally then!!

i am really happy to see that car has a bright bright future!!! it deserves it!

congrats on getting the original GT-R grill too.. that is a pretty rare and $$$ find!! i am jealous!

good choice on the colour too.. they are the exact reasons why i am going with red!

I will update you all for sure.

Yes, you can PM me about meeting up in Socal anytime.

I do love the Longchamps, btw. Just gorgeous wheels.

I do now have the real GT-R grille in my office room here at home.

I have the 5spd tranny as well and searching for a LSD for the R180.

I'm looking for the GT-R tail light bezels/surrounds. I'm going to take care of this car.

I will have a mild street tune to massage the L24, cam, some porting, basic stage 1 stuff. not too brutal, just nice.