IGNORED

Xado motor oil?

Hrududu

Has anyone here run XADO oil in their Z? A buddy of mine just got some and after doing some reading I'm not too sure what I think about it. I'd just go ahead and give it a try, but its pretty expensive and I am kinda weary of putting in something like this. Apparently it will help reduce engine noise and other internal problems. I've come to realize that if there is an opinion I can trust about things like this, I can find it here. Let me know what you think.

http://www.xado-us.com

http://www.atomicoil.com/

• 1 year later...

This stuff isn't an oil or oil additive, like Slick 50, or any of that stuff you can get at the auto parts store. Lucas oil additives come o mind, and so does the phrase "snake oil." :finger: It's a gel that you get in a small tube, and you put it in the engine oil, then drive 150 miles, and repeat another two times, for three applications. There are fomulas for petrol engines, diesel engines, 2-stroke engines, manual & auto transmissions, gun barrels, etc. For lots of things that have metal-to-metal contact & wear. Check the website for details.

A guy in my area who restores Rolls Royce's uses it in the engines and in the engines of the family cars & other ordinary cars. :bunny: He says that it does work. It was used to 'tighten up' crankshaft bearings, repair cylinder wall wear, fix up manual trans slop, etc. Some poor-running engines that smoked or ran rough were fixed up even after only one application!

Of course, if the part is worn past the tolerances, then you'll need a new part, but if you just want to boost things with light wear back to where it ought to be, then you might try it. :)

I think I will try it in my L28, but I won't know until Fall or next year ...

thxZ

Edited by TomoHawk

• 5 weeks later...

I have my supply of XADO now, and one tube is already in the oil. I noticed the oil pressure up, but that is because I just changed the oil. I expect the compression numbers to be up as well, until the oil wears in a bit. Hopefully the compression wil stay up and even out between the cylinders, and the rod and rocker arm hammering might stop too.

There is about 100 miles on the first tube of Zado, so the next one will go in soon, if the weather stays nice! :laugh: A couple weeks ago we had a snowstorm with about 6-8 inches of snow, and today I'm sittng here in shorts with my shoes off and the windows open! LOL

piece!

This stuff isn't an oil or oil additive, like Slick 50, or any of that stuff you can get at the auto parts store. It's a gel that you get in a small tube, and you put it in the engine oil.......
By your description it kind of sounds like an additive to me......
Hopefully the compression wil stay up and even out between the cylinders, and the rod and rocker arm hammering might stop too
Of course, if the part is worn past the tolerances, then you'll need a new part
Those two statements would make me rethink the use of this stuff. You used the phrase "snake oil" in your post. If you really feel that way about this stuff (as do I) then why are you even contemplating using it?

It's not a 'snake-oil'.' It isn't an oil additive like Slick50 or the Lucas oil products.

It's a product that improves the metal in friction areas in a way that it's like adding metal back into those areas. That allows you to extend the life of your engine or part.

It's also approved by a notable car manufacturer.

No need to explain. That's your opinion which you are entitled to. I was just giving mine. I've seen and read about most of the 'engine ovehaul in a can/bottle' products. I choose not to use them. If you want to use it, use it.

It's a product that improves the metal in friction areas in a way that it's like adding metal back into those areas. That allows you to extend the life of your engine or part.

What? Are you a spokesman for them?

Don't answer me directly as I'm done with this.

Edited by sblake01