IGNORED

fuel injectors

jensen.dk

hello I´ve just bought a 280 from77 and i´ve tried almost everything but the ecu unit doesn´t give any signal to the injectors i´ve had the ecu unit to a bosch workshop and they can´t find any falts in that,so then my question is:has anyone had that problem and what can be done?

jensen.dk

You might want to check the electrical resistance of each injector to see if one is shorted or much lower than the others. Im not real familiar with the Datsun FI systems, but I had a GM car that would shut down the ECM if one of the injectors shorted. It usually happened when the engine was fully warmed up but it would run fine when cool. Shorted injector wiring would cause the same symptoms.

Good Luck

thanks for your answers. I have testet the resistance in the injectors and they are the same but it might be in the wirring.

there is no click or anything in the relay and the pump are not running so now there´s a couple of things more to check

thanks

jensen.dk

there is no click or anything in the relay and the pump are not running so now there´s a couple of things more to check

thanks

jensen.dk

Sounds like that could be it. The relay should click when you turn the ingnition to "on" and it also sends power to the fuel pump so you got a pretty good idea of what it could be. I'd take it out and test it.

In the 'Engine Fuel' section of the FSM there is a 'functional check' section. You find it on page EF-51 in the 76 FSM, EF-52 in the 77 FSM, and EF-30 in the 78 FSM. There are many pages in those sections covering all of the relay and switch functional checks. There is also some good info in the Fuel Injection 'Bible' that was available from the Atlantic Z site but for some reason, their link doesn't load anymore. Try: http://bjlvdesign.tripod.com/PDF/280zfuelinjectionbook.pdf but this only applies to 75-77 as there are differences in the 78.