1971 Interior question - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1971 Interior question

Featured Replies

Hello

My 1971 240z Came to me without much of an interior. The original exterior color is white. It came to me with white bucket seats. What else should or shouldn't be white (door panels, vinyl trim,etc)? I have seen pics of white seats with everything else black and pics of white seats and white door panels, everything else black. Are either of these trim combinations correct? Any advice welcome.

Thanks

I don't recall ever seeing a white 240Z with a white interior. Most that I see came with red, blue or black interior.

There is no way to tell for certain what color trim a particular 240Z had originally. So as long as you pick an appropriate original color and do it right, no one will ever know.

But as far as what color the various parts should be, I can't say. Both of my '71s have black interiors, which makes it simple.

wouldn't happen to have a list for that for other markets? like for mine in Oz (pretty sure they are Euro spec)

I have white vinyl with blue velour throughout my car, I also have 'RS Sport' stamped on my compliance plate, but thats an Aus thing as its on the Aus compliance plate, I pretty much assumed it was probably there as it was a special model, offered with better interior from factory? All the ones i have seen round here are just plain black vinyl.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks EScanlon

Anyone want some beat up white bucket seats? I will put a black interior in.

Regards

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.