IGNORED

door seals

ta240

Don't forget to compare prices between OEM and aftermarket seals. It all comes down to what your goal is - functionality or originality - and your bank account balance. Aftermarket seals worked nicely on my '71 and will keep out the elements as well as the pricier OEM pieces.

Dennis

1971 240Z, Original Owner

this post may have answered my question:

http://classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18761&page=2

although on page 1 it was mentioned that the 240Z factory ones weren't available anymore.:ermm:

My prior attempts with adjusting doors when I had to replace hinges were nightmares that I don't want to repeate.

Years ago I used some universal fit stuff that we used on tractor cabs where I worked. It worked pretty good, but I don't have the source for it anymore

You can still get door seals from Nissan.

so far my online requests have come back with:

> no longer made, nissan has not had those for many years

or

>G6921-W6000 WELT BODY is the part you are looking for list-18.63 your cost-13.42 They would have to be ordered.

or

>The catalog is not very clear, these parts are listed as rubber-sealing door , 80931-N4501 RUBBER Rh is $14.15 and 80932-N4501 RUBBER Lh is $14.15

no reply from Courtesy yet, although they haven't replied to my request from the weekend when I bought the car either yet.

within minutes of emailing Motorsports Auto I got a reply:

I can order them which normally takes about 3-5 business days. The price is $73.57 each side. The only problem is they are “new, old stock,” meaning they have been sitting for a while and are starting to crack a little. Nissan no longer produces them. We also have an aftermarket version of the original for $34.95 each side.

so far they have been lightening fast with all of their replies