IGNORED

What is this part?

WingZr0

I found this in my trunk.

I was wondering exactly what it is.

It has 20 teeth on it and I'm assuming it was switched out for something better or stock as parts of the car was already rebuilt or "refurbised" so to speak when I

bought my 1977 280Z 4 speed.

I also found an Oil pump and an AFM Meter along with

a winsheild removal tool set still in the package under the driver seat :ermm: :tapemouth

post-13541-14150800861402_thumb.jpg

post-13541-14150800861891_thumb.jpg

~Z~

post-13541-14150800861102_thumb.jpg

post-13541-14150800861569_thumb.jpg

post-13541-14150800861737_thumb.jpg

post-13541-14150800862055_thumb.jpg

Thyanx Vic ^_^

How you been?

What is it supposed to do exactly?

I know the Oil pump was replaced and the Oil meter guage doesn't read correct becouse of it.

The meter hovers at around 0 to 6lbs and I'm looking for the sensor for that why I'm at it to make sure it's connect right.

The oil pump doesn't have anything to do with the operation of the oil pressure gauge itself. The gauge operates from the sensor on the passenger side of the block. Either you gauge is bad or the sensor is bad. Or the connection to it is bad.

The oil pump doesn't have anything to do with the operation of the oil pressure gauge itself. The gauge operates from the sensor on the passenger side of the block. Either you gauge is bad or the sensor is bad. Or the connection to it is bad.
Or, all that stuff could be good but you might really have low oil pressure...

At which point I remove the sensor and screw in a mechanical pressure gauge and test it that way. Everytime I've done that the pump has been ruled out and it ends up being the gauge, the wiring, or the sender. I've only done that 5 or 6 times that I can recall and never found a bad oil pump on any of the cars I have tested.

Ouch :eek:

Thyanx all for the replies, needed that :)

I thought it was part of the Rear Diff or a Trans Gear.

I'll check that Oil Problem with those suggestions this weekend when I try

and solve that "Piston Head clearence" problem by checking my Lash Valves,

Rings and Valve Stems as suggested by members in another thread to see if thats causing my "truckish, rattleling" noise :)

Hopefully I'll get Ruby back in Tip Shape by Lady Hunting... I mean, ahhhhhh, Cruise Night :D

~Z~