IGNORED

ZG Production Figures

Tony D

S20 is definately a no-no. Everything says only slightly more than 400 were produced over a several year span, and for production acceptance you need 500 in a given year.

But I may have jumped the gun. Things have taken a bizzare twist, and the American-Centric contingent has started speaking up using (if you can believe this) Ford Roadsters as a reference point. They may actually now segregate the S30's into "JDM" and "US" specification. I don't know WHAT they will do about UK or other market versions... I am now sending out e-mail after e-mail frantically trying to keep logic in the mix.

I can see the argument against allowing it on a 2+2, or even a 280Z...but they are now considering restricting it to RHD only. And then only if someone can prove it came with it from the factory. I had heard about the "Anti-Japanese, Pro-American Bias" on the board, and it is now seeming to rear it's head at the last hour.

Education goes only so far. I'll stop there before I get in trouble.