IGNORED

A reliable used V8 provider?

Caen Fred

On the behalf of a good friend over here, I am looking for a dependable source for used V8. Mostly Chevy :laugh:... few Ford :cry:

No ustler, this is a (small) business operation and he has no free time to deal with unreliable operators

Maybe I wasn't clear enough... I cannot believe that none of you guys have a good address for second hand engines??????????????

I am looking for a well known wrecker... that could sell 8-10 engines a year...

I'm sure some of the guys have a good address for second hand engines.

Actually, you are looking for a junk yard that will take the time, and go to the trouble of pulling an engine from a low mileage car, crating it for shipping, then meeting the shippers schedules for delivery to the Port.

Most of the people that run junk yard here, make so much money, so easily, that they don't want to screw with anything that takes more of their time than it's worth to them. Add the risk of International debates over payment - and most simply will not get involved.

At least around the Tampa Bay area - most of the junk yards have become "U-Pull-It" type in concept if not in name. A few of the junk yards still disassemble the cars themselves, but when they do they also have major re-builders as customers that buy specific parts by the train car load. Things like A/C compressors, alternators, starters, distributors, brakes etc.

To keep the costs at their lowest point - you are better off finding someone on the East Coast of the U.S. - that is located near a shipping Port. Which makes it even harder to find anyone...

Better to have your friend simply by new engines from GM in Europe... might be less expensive too.

good luck,

Carl B.

Did you consider crate engines - you can get a small block ready to bolt in that is packaged for shipping. They will come in almost any configuration you desire: blueprinted, balanced, fully assembled or basic setup.

It will cost anywhere from $4K to 10K, but they are prepared to ship. You should just check Crate engine on Google - you'll get a bunch of sites.

Good luck