IGNORED

braided hoses?

My L24 needs new hoses for coolant routing on the right side of the motor. What is best advice for source ?

I just got off the phone w/Lisa at Bruce Titus Auto Group/Nissan Parts.cc. She says that both are still available. The inlet hose is 27181-E4401 and the outlet is 27185-E4401. Both for a 72. They are $6.53 and $7.38 ea. plus shipping ($6.95) at http://www.nissanparts.cc/ or you could just take those part numbers and order them from your local dealer. The price each would be a couple dollars more but you wouldn't have to pay shipping that way.

I just got off the phone w/Lisa at Bruce Titus Auto Group/Nissan Parts.cc. She says that both are still available. The inlet hose is 27181-E4401 and the outlet is 27185-E4401. Both for a 72. They are $6.53 and $7.38 ea. plus shipping ($6.95) at http://www.nissanparts.cc/ or you could just take those part numbers and order them from your local dealer. The price each would be a couple dollars more but you wouldn't have to pay shipping that way.

The question is are they braided or smooth. I'd be willing to bet that the hoses listed are smooth. (Even though they are from Nissan)

Just an intuitive guess that they are smooth.

2c

Jim

They are most likely smooth. The ones I purchased from them a cjouple of years ago for my 78 were smooth but I'm not sure that 78's ever had braided hoses. Not really important to me as I want hoses that work rather than hoses that are or look original. The thought of driving a car with hoses that have been sitting somewhere unused for well over 30 years is kind of scary.