IGNORED

Help w/Installing new ignition switch...

kcdc

I just received a new (Full/ collar & switch) iginition switch for my 76' 280z.

I went to install it and the original unit is attached to the steering colum w/2 phillips head screws and 2 other fastners that have no head on them; do I have to drill them out??? I took the 2 phillips heads out and the others have to come out as well...

Thanks in advance...

If you have a Dremmell type tool, you can use an abraisive disk to cut a slot on the head of those screws and take them out with a straight screwdriver.

If you have a Dremmell type tool, you can use an abraisive disk to cut a slot on the head of those screws and take them out with a straight screwdriver.

That's exactly what I did; it took just a couple of minutes. The screws in question are supposedly for "theft protection".

If you don't have a dremel type tool, put the phillips head screws back in and tighten. This will relieve the pressure on the headless screws.

With a pair of wire cutters(diagonal cutters, dikes) cut into the soft headless screw enough to get a bite on them and start turning them out. The screws are soft so the wire cutters will easily gouge the head. With the headless screws out, then you can take the phillips screws out.