IGNORED

Help with #248: Looking for Passenger Fender and Hood...

Dat240ZG

Ladies and Gents:

I know that I sound like a broken record, but each time I visit the body shop, a different part is needing to be replaced.

As it stands now, I'm in need of a passenger side fender and vented hood.

If anyone has a line on Grade A used or new parts, please let me know.

#248 is stripped to bare metal and the body replacement process is starting. After being stripped, we found rust on the bottom of the frame rail (?) as opposed to the side like usual. Also, the fender supports in front of the radiator supports have been poorly repaired. I'm currently having to consider doing a cut from in front of the strut towers on my other Z to replace the damage on #248. Aside from these problems (and quarter panel rust on the passenger side) the body is very good and straight for a car that was sitting outside torn apart for the past 25 years.

Does anyone have an opinion on the fitment of aftermarket panels from VB/Black Dragon? I've tried Courtesy and it seems like they can't help.

Anywho....sorry for rambling. If anyone is able to help me, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Bryan

Dat240zg

You can still get fenders from Nissan. The vented hood never belonged on a 69/70. You can get a stock hood from Nissan as well. The vented ones are no longer available. I put new fenders and hood on my 70 all from Nissan last fall.

post-1188-14150800353168_thumb.jpg

Should have clarified about the hood. I'm going with a vented hood - I recognize that it won't be correct, but honestly, just like the look.

As far as being available from Nissan, I guess I'll go back and check with them again - Courtesy made it sound like they were NLA.

Thanks.

Bryan

Surf the net and you will find a number of used parts places like Z-Barn http://zbarn.com/ Ask around. I picked up all my stuff for 27th used or given to me. I was surprised to hear that Nissan still has fenders and hoods. The correct hood for an early car is going to be really difficult to find. When you find used hoods. ask specifically if it is an early hood or a later hood (like for a '72). However, I concur that if you are going to use an incorrect hood, go for the obvious.

This is 27th resting in her storage tent. The stripes on the fender are paint color samples used when ZRush was built. ZRush gave me a set of fenders.

post-4148-14150800354915_thumb.jpg