IGNORED

Australian 260z

RIP260Z

Sorry if I confused,

In my view the underlying facts here is that seat belts in the Australian market delivered cars (1969-1978) except for one or two small fluctuations are a stable barrometer to to production and delivery timing.

This ties back to the tread subject as it gives a good indication for time lines along with production body serial across the void of different world markets. allowing for parrallells in delivery to be identified.

cheers

Steve

I don't see how anyone can deduce age from seat belt numbers.

The seat belts fitted to Aussie S-30 where made locally (In Melbourne) & fitted.

RS-30 models had the retractor style seat belt, whether they where Aussie made remains to be proven.

This whole seatbelt debate/debacle comes from a thread KATS started, which used US (read HLS data) which is not applicable in OZ.

FWIW

Zedrally,

Both belts and vehicles are paired at point of entry to gain compliance, with both having similar lead times from manufacture, I have seen heaps of this.

To the inertia reels, I can confirm that I have seen inertia reel based retractor belts with a similar rework same as the earlier belts time lines similar and yes manufactured in 'Sydney'.

cheers

Steve :classic:

Okay I have manged to scrape together two examples of the 260Z inertia reel belts for Australia.

Th orange press is is the interim ADR 4C compliant belt set for 260Z, NISSAN contracted to the old TRW

Marickville plant (Sydney) long gone now.

note the Australian standard on the reciever body and the also the twisted wire support.

The second reel set is the post ADR 4C ( or late ) JAPAN manufacture belt set for Australia from the joint venture company NSK WARNER KK

identified by the diffrent reciever and the straight wire support with fully enclosed inertia reel.

cheers

Steve:)

post-3005-14150800430427_thumb.jpg

post-3005-14150800430768_thumb.jpg

post-3005-14150800431112_thumb.jpg

post-3005-14150800431459_thumb.jpg