1971 w/Original Hard Cover for Dash! - Page 2 - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1971 w/Original Hard Cover for Dash!

Featured Replies

What is that chrome loop on the rear of the left strut tower? Anyone notice the original shift boot and wire harness cover? Something doesn't look right about the blue vinyl on the trans tunnel, didn't they always have a diamond pattern? Does the interior look like it was dyed? That thing has major body problems! :D

What is that chrome loop on the rear of the left strut tower?

Someone added the loop.

Anyone notice the original shift boot and wire harness cover?

The bag on the right side of the transmission tunnel, where usually you see a bunch of wires, is that the wire harness cover? That is original?? Wow.

Something doesn't look right about the blue vinyl on the trans tunnel, didn't they always have a diamond pattern? Does the interior look like it was dyed?

The replacement vinyl that you could buy, until recently, was was missing the diamond pattern. I just bought some "butterscotch" replacement vinyl that has the diamond pattern.

Hmmm, I thought Les had the original diamond pattern stuff. Yes, the harness cover is apparently something that was original, but someone correct me if not. Someone around here is selling repros and I bought a set (shift boot, harness cover, brake handle cover). I have never actually seen the harness cover on any Z I have ever seen.

  • Author

Wow! That ended at over $1,800.00! There may be some hope for the '71 that I can't get in the garage!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.