IGNORED

Spring has sprung.....

The flowers has ris, I wonder where all the birdies is? LOL

Speaking of springs - last year I installed a set of HP shocks that increased my HOE (height of eye (nautical thing)) about two inches. This spring I got a promotion and a couple of extra dollars, so now I want to adjust it back down to the stock height (or less) if possible.

Any suggestions? - I see Motorsport advertising "Eibach"s alongside the HPs - is it safe to assume that they are a suitably coupled unit for a regular or better height.

If you're in the know, please weigh in.

The flowers has ris, I wonder where all the birdies is? LOL

Speaking of springs - last year I installed a set of HP shocks that increased my HOE (height of eye (nautical thing)) about two inches. This spring I got a promotion and a couple of extra dollars, so now I want to adjust it back down to the stock height (or less) if possible.

Any suggestions? - I see Motorsport advertising "Eibach"s alongside the HPs - is it safe to assume that they are a suitably coupled unit for a regular or better height.

If you're in the know, please weigh in.

I think Saul at MSA gets plenty of feedback on those as a pair. He should be able to advise you properly. I went with the Tokico springs and struts and they work together well, as to height. The problem you've found lies with springs designed to be run with non gas charged struts. With the gas charged struts, the height balloons. Here in the NW corner of the country, we've had quite a discussion running on cutting down the Euro spec springs to run with modern struts. Beandip cut his springs 2-1/2 coils to bring down into the lowered state, you are going to get with the Eibach. If you consider doing this, you'll want to PM Beandip, because the amount cut down is different front to rear.

Just finished putting Tokico springs with Illumina cartridges on my '71. It lowered the car exactly 1 inch on all four corners. I like the look of it and the handling is improved but over what was in it, anything would be an improvement. The adjustable nature of the Illuminas is good. Set soft for around town and firm it up to have fun. Even on the lowest setting, this setup is firm. OK by my standards but just be aware.

If you decide on Tokico, check out "Shox.com" for good pricing.

Sailor Bob - Same as 350ZX, I have Eibach springs with Tokico HPs on the 280ZXT and am very pleased with the results. I experienced the same HOE issues as you but with KYB gas-justs struts...sold the struts and stock springs to an acquaintence who actually appreciated the increased ride height because of the dirt roads he drives. Charlie Osborne of Zedfindings sourced my purchase for me.

GWGarrard

• 3 weeks later...

Money gone - install complete. I bought and installed the Eibachs. It was a pain taking it all apart again and I wound up with a spare washer:paranoid: , but I am compelled to say they work nice - the car is lowered about 1 inch and it rides very well - not harsh yet pretty good for ramps, esp. without a passenger.

The profile is not quite as I expected - she looks slightly higher in the rear and the tape measure supports that.

If anyone wants to see a befor and after I will post it.

By the way I also did the front diff mount - pain and no real improvement.:ermm: