Rusted small Hardware replacements - Page 2 - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Rusted small Hardware replacements

Featured Replies

  • Author

That is the site for Zcar Creations I referenced in my first post of this thread.

I have all of their offerings for my 240Z, and these that I have come up with are NOT in their offerings(at least as they were delivered to me...)

I visited a salvage yard today to pickup the turnsignals taillights from a 280Z to see if they have the same rust problems-Yep-er!

I'll see what they need and make up some for them too.

I am going to do a little experimenting with how to get the "rusted beyond removable" fasteners out as well, and See what Kroil, PBBlaster, and a couple of other penetrating oils do to the plastice involved, so I can suggest one that will not damamge the assemblies, but will disolve the rust.

Will

That is the site for Zcar Creations I referenced in my first post of this thread.

I have all of their offerings for my 240Z, and these that I have come up with are NOT in their offerings(at least as they were delivered to me...)

.... snip

Opps ... didn't read your post well enough ... my bad ... :stupid:

  • Author

Sarite, sokay! I have been guilty of worse!

Will

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.