CB Radios - Scan or No Scan - Page 2 - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

CB Radios - Scan or No Scan

Featured Replies

  • Author

Just in case Rick, caravanning in the U.S. is when people are travelling in a group of cars or trucks (a convoy.) At least that's the definition in this context.

John-

That Cobra CB is pretty cool, but I prefer not to put anything under the seat that can't aford to get wet, like an umbrella or the plastic coffee mug. Since you usually just tune to one channel for your trip, about any handheld CB should do, and I'll be using a speakermic to keep things uncluttered. I got a Midland 75-875, which is rather small, and I tjink it'll do well after I get the appropriate antenna adapter for the outside antenna (one with a rather flexible cord, about a meter long.)

thx

Yair Tom,

I figured that out but the first few posts certainly had me confused.

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

  • Author

Ads anm experiment, I tried the headset from my house phone in my talkabout FRS radio, and it worked. The plug was a little loose tho. I will have to try itout on the road.

Enigma-

You might want to look into this antenna adapter cord: http://www.walcottcb.com/firestik-kar3-pl259-to-bnc-female-adapter-cord-p-815.html?Your_Store_Name=Firestik_KAR3_PL-259_to_BNC_Female_Adapter_Cord

thx

Thanks Tomo. When I first bought the external magnet mount antenna, I snipped off the PL259 connector and soldered on a BNC connector so that I could use it with both my handheld CB radio as well as my Uniden Scanner. I actually haven't used the antenna since I mounted the Cobra 18 WX ST II in-dash with the head unit in the daily driver (4runner) and permanently mounted a 4' Firestick antenna to the bull bar. Tastes great, less filling!

.

.

.

.

post-9360-14150800074881_thumb.jpg

post-9360-14150800075178_thumb.jpg

post-9360-14150800075411_thumb.jpg

post-9360-14150800075605_thumb.jpg

  • Author

I was considering the window-mounted antenna, but I don't think you can take those off, like for car shows. I don't think cutting the wire on the magnetic antennas is recommended either ( I'd only need about 5 feet for my Z with the 3 foot adapter.) So unless you have a moustache and drive a black Trans Am, having a CB antenna on your car at a car show might not look right. :D

thx

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.