IGNORED

Outer rear control arm bushings help

Here is E.S.' response to my question about the shells:

What he believes we now know...

<<<<<< Reply from E.S. >>>>>>

Kevin Lake <email address here>

to Me

date Nov 1, 2007 9:14 AM

subject RE: Outer shells with #3062 poly outer bushings?

As we had talked about on the phone I beleive you do remove the shell for that application THANK YOU

And my response to his response:

Kevin,

Thanks. I sent the email message before calling. I was pleasantly surprised to not have to through some "run-around" automated system AND to get the answer to my question.

FYI & Food For Thought... There seems to be others at http://www.classiczcars.com as confused as I was. It would be extremely helpful to those of us with these older Z cars if the specific instructions for the outer bushings were included in the package. Replacing bushings is something a lot of us will only do once so having the details would save us time and frustration.

Thanks & regards,

Roy

you need to remove the outer shells. use the hacksaw method described earlier.

I then used a fine grit dremel sanding drum and cleaned up the inside of the hole and then sanded them with 600 grit and with just the right amount resistance the bushing slid in. hope this is helpful. Dan