IGNORED

Well it has come to this: My 240z on ebay...

Jayru

Hey everyone,

After much internal struggle over the past few months, I've decided to put my 72 240z up for sale on eBay. I honestly never drive the thing, but when i do i really enjoy it (that's what made me take this long to finally sell it!)

There's a few factors why i'm selling:

I'm never home (work a lot), and the car just sits for months at a time. When i am home, i have so much to do that i have no time to work/play with it!

I'll be relocating to NYC in a few weeks, with no real place to store it close to me (or the funds for the added expense of storing it).

I just bought a bunch of computer/camera equipment to further my career (film/t.v.) and honestly could use the cash from the sale of the z to pay for some of it.

Don't hate me fellas :) I'll have another some day (i just hope i can find one in as good a shape as the one i own now!)

Take a look and tell me what you think...

<A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220087479042" target="_blank">Ebay link</A>

We sold two Zs in our time. One in 1990 and another in 1999. Both were perfect second owner and fully restored. Each time we were very upset soon after and for a long time. Each time it cost us much more to replace the car. This time we will not sell again. Even our new Z does not get driven as much as we thought it would but just knowing its there is of great comfort. I can also tell you that the money we thought we needed to get out of the car was found somewhere else soon after each sale.

I would just say think about it a little more because its hard to get it back when its gone, especially the way your car looks. Also with the original condition of that car that would be tough. That is your car.

I understand what your going through ... it took a lot to convince myself to keep my Z and take it overseas, but I am glad I am going ahead with it .... Your z is great and I would be happy to pay 5,000 for it if I had the money! Good luck and I hope it finds a nice home ...

I hope you get more than what 280z1975 is offering. It looks like you have spent well over double that. I know I have and I am currently selling mine. Mine is he red one in Houston. I can understand your grief on coming to the decision to sell her. Good luck.

Thanks everyone for the kind words about my z...

Trisha, i definitely understand what you're saying. But i just can't consciously let the car just sit anymore (except for the occasional Sunday drive). I'd rather see the car go to someone who will get a lot of use/enjoyment out of driving/working on it. For me there's just no time in my life right now.

I've had some great cars over the years, and it always hurts when they go. But i believe I'll always be able to find another (albeit at a higher $ value than I'm selling mine perhaps).

Ramses, I'm asking $5+K So I'm looking for offers between 5K and 6K (hopefully closer to 6K). I'm trying to be realistic and get the car sold quickly. If I've learned one thing over the years, you never get back what you put into cars... Good luck with your sale too!

*edit* Ramses, your z is very clean! And i see it's already at $5400! Maybe i should raise my buy it now price! :)

I hope you get more than what 280z1975 is offering. It looks like you have spent well over double that. I know I have and I am currently selling mine. Mine is he red one in Houston. I can understand your grief on coming to the decision to sell her. Good luck.

The price I quoted came from a line he had in his Ebay auction. Personally i think the car is worth more than 5K for the car. The uncracked dash is worth at the VERY least 600 USD. Add the Struts, Springs, Wheels, parts ... you get the idea. I just hope it finds a nice home of someone who will appreciate it. I forwarded the e-mail to a friend back in Canada who is very keen on finding a Z car. This would be a good car for him.

thats a nice z. id buy it. but youre in penn..and im in CA? SHIPPING WOULD KILL ME. :dead:

but besides that. thats a nice clean z.

Shipping from PA to Cali is about $900.00. I paid that much to ship one last year. From Springtown PA to San Diego CA it was $900.00.

Well Guys,

The auction is up to $5700 with two days to go and 118 people watching it:eek:

I 've received an offer of $6300, and i'm taking it. He's coming to get the car tomorrow morning.

I know i could take a chance and let the auction go to close, it could go past $6300, but who knows? Even if it does, then i've got to worry if the winner is gonna pay me, etc...

He's coming cash in hand, so i guess i'm aring on the side of caution. I won't cancel the auction untill the money's in my hand though. I'll keep you all posted. I'm already missing it :stupid: