IGNORED

new guy

graham53

David,

Welcome to the club, you're in the right place for your car. I had a 260Z about 25 years ago, it's the one that got me started on these cars.

Post some pictures of your Z when you get the chance, we'd love to see it.

Bruce

here is my 260 as I got it. I plan and am working on body, overhall, and interior. It was and is a struggle to decide if i should customize or restore.

Welcome to the forum David. I think this is a struggle that many of us deal with. Personally, I decided that since mine wasn't a Series 1 240Z, that I would try to maintain the classic Z look that I love so much, and limit my additions to items that improved performance or driveability. For example, no changes to the body other than the oldschool Zenon air dam I got it with, and the addition of a BRE spoiler at some point. Upgrades and additions that are acceptable under my plan are things like a new steering wheel, shift knob, upgraded brakes, engine mods, drivetrain mods, electrical upgrades, or even a complete engine and tranny swap as long as it's a member of the L6 family. I also decided to swap out the period correct 5 slot aluminum rims in favor or some new Konig rewinds. New look with a vintage feel. Things I'm still struggling with are the seats, bumpers, aftermarket headlight covers, and tinted windshield.

Don't forget that if you're building this for yourself to drive and enjoy, do whatever makes you happy.

• 1 month later...
here is my 260 as I got it. I plan and am working on body, overhall, and interior. It was and is a struggle to decide if i should customize or restore.

hey welcome!

you can always do a little both..

for custom you can try hybridz.com also.

:squareeye

G'Day mate,

Your Zed looks beeeeeautiful just as she is. As you may have already noted, we have members who drop V8's in, upgrade to improve performance and safety and generally add bits and pieces that you won't find in any Zed manuals. Then you have the died in the wool adherants to originality. Yep, ...

we got 'em all here. But one thing we all agree on is, .... while we'll happily voice opinions when asked, when it comes to the bottom line, ... Your car, ... your decision.

Welcome David and please let us know what your plans are for your Zed, plus pics. We LOVE pics.

Rick.

:devious: :devious: