Deciding on a color... - Page 3 - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Deciding on a color...

Featured Replies

Mine is white and I will most likely repaint it white w/ a stripe of different color rear end.

Bill

I'm not big on white...my Z is currently white and I'm itching for the ice / sky metallic blue that it used to be.

Now, white with a nice contrasting stripe / accent color, like red or orange...that's a neat, sporty look. Off-white is a very period / vintage look as well, you just don't see it on current production cars anymore.

Off-white is a very period / vintage look as well, you just don't see it on current production cars anymore.
New Mini Coopers are available in Old English White...
  • Author

Don't know about cars, but off-white is my favorite color for a Fender Stratocaster....

whitestratsm3.jpg

Well, I am also hating this decision making process. I have an original Silver car and am trying to come up with something before I drop inan L28. Non-stock colors are difficult to picture on the car. I absloutley love the 350Z blue, but it is getting overdone. Take these 2 cars in the Portland Roadster Show (Sorry Loren, I know yours isn't 350Z blue). Darker colors hide some of the beautiful lines of the car, and that is just an opinion and not worth more than anyone else's, and I am afraid of the result without seeing it done first.

The car Arne mentioned (Gail says thanks for the compliment) is great in the sun but can look blah! in the garage. Stock colors do make for an easier choice, but there is something to be said for being different. Now if I can only make a decision.

Best of luck!

Gotta Love that BLUE

post-12884-14150799946945_thumb.jpg

  • 1 year later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Well, I went with the blue from the Honda Odyssey, and LOVE it. It's perfect for the Z, and accentuates the shape SO well.

Given those options, in order of priority my choices are:

1) Original Yellow (unless you really don't like the color)

2) Dark Metallic Blue. Looks amazing in the sun, but like silver, loses some of its "gleam" in shadow.

But then I like em' best in White, Silver or Orange, so what do I know... Just my 2 cents.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.