IGNORED

Unusual Kenmeri QLD

Mat Big Hat

Nonsense! The suffixes are a vital part of the correct identification of the exact model variant.

As only one example, one of our cars is KHGC110 xxxxxx but could be either a KHGC110Q or a KHGC110AQ with a suffix UAR, URT, or even UART

(all according to the June '74 export model manual)

No reference to the suffix anywhere on the car.

Provided in a form that can be readily seperated from the car or destroyed.

doesn't mean the factory considered them meaningless after the cars had left the factory. You only have to look at the first few pages of a factory parts list, service manual or Japanese 'Service Shuho' document to see the factory helping us to understand and use them!

See the above - or maybe I'm just too dense to detect that identification on the car that will allow me to use them.

My apologies! Yes the KC110 did in fact exist and is as you say the SWB Hardtop with G16 engine.

That's what I get for posting without checking my facts first.

BTW H stands for automatic I believe Jim. I don't know what the T is for, but they all have that suffix except the KPGC110.

Here's a page you might like to see Art, from Australian C110 Service Manual. Do you have this too? (note only export models shown)

post-1243-14150800122697_thumb.jpg

If they ALL had their own serial number sequence then there were 301 KHGC110's built and delivered overseas before our 2/73 model?

Interesting as there doesn't seem to be any sales data to support that.

So from that I assume you mean that:

1. The lowest number 240K to arrive in Australia was number 301,

2. and it was a 2/73 compliance dated car,

3. and you cant find any evidence of the cars 1 to 300 being shipped to any other countries (which doesn't mean it didn't happen of course, they could be in Europe or some other market)

BTW H stands for automatic I believe Jim. I don't know what the T is for, but they all have that suffix except the KPGC110.

Wasn't H an L24 engine and T a floor shift?

Here's a page you might like to see Art, from Australian C110 Service Manual. Do you have this too? (note only export models shown)

I have a very similar page to that in a Service Bulletin 'Introduction of Datsun 160K, 180K and 240K GT (Model C110 Series)'

Interesting the references to C10 models, something Nissan doesn't appear to have done for any other model changes apart from Datsun 120Y from Datsun 1200. About the same time frame too!

So from that I assume you mean that:

1. The lowest number 240K to arrive in Australia was number 301,

2. and it was a 2/73 compliance dated car,

3. and you cant find any evidence of the cars 1 to 300 being shipped to any other countries (which doesn't mean it didn't happen of course, they could be in Europe or some other market)

One of ours is #302 so there were cars serial numbered from 001 to 301 built before it.

#302 was complianced in 2/73 but how many cars there were before that even Nissan Australia say they have no record of. Not too surprising as they are NOT required to keep the compliance records for 30 years!

I can't find any evidence of KHGC110's beimg delivered in anything like those quantities anywhere that a RHD car was marketed.

Hong Kong doesn't appear to have got the KHGC110 in '73.

South Africa apparently did get a K code C110 variant but I haven't found any solid data on whether it was a KHGC110 or something else. Even then it wasn't available until well into '73.

England may well have got the KHGC110 although there seems to be a real shortage of hardtops there of any year.

There are not many more RHD markets left and certainly not of a size that could absorb a reasonable quantity!

KHLGC110's (LHD) are rather unlikely to be part of the same serial number sequence as they would have been built on a seperate assembly line for the most basic of reasons in that the logistics of the different componentry is a potential nightmare.

If ANYONE has leads to factual and verifiable data it would be very well received by all.

Wasn't H an L24 engine and T a floor shift?

Jim was talking about the suffixes.

If they ALL had their own serial number sequence then there were 301 KHGC110's built and delivered overseas before our 2/73 model?
One of ours is #302 so there were cars serial numbered from 001 to 301 built before it.
#302 was complianced in 2/73 but how many cars there were before that even Nissan Australia say they have no record of.

I don't know what you are even trying to say here. Yours is KHGC110-302. There were 301 KHGC110's before yours. Just because sales data is not readily available and you haven't personally seen VIN 1-301 does not mean they never existed!! Mine is 3929. How many of the cars between 302 and 3929 have you seen? The vast majority of these cars do not exist anymore!

Without information to DISPROVE, we must assume what is written in official documents is correct.

KHLGC110's (LHD) are rather unlikely to be part of the same serial number sequence as they would have been built on a seperate assembly line for the most basic of reasons in that the logistics of the different componentry is a potential nightmare.

The page I posted addresses this.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. So far I don't see anything we don't know already other than the brief Japanese lesson by Alan :squareeye

Jim was talking about the suffixes.

As part of the suffix T is a floor shift (according to both the export Service Bulletin and Service Manual, I'm still trying to wotk that out in the JDM stuff).

Yes, H is actually part of the prefix:eek:

I don't know what you are even trying to say here. Yours is KHGC110-302. There were 301 KHGC110's before yours. Just because sales data is not readily available and you haven't personally seen VIN 1-301 does not mean they never existed!! Mine is 3929. How many of the cars between 302 and 3929 have you seen? The vast majority of these cars do not exist anymore!

I thought it was plain, sorry that wasn't as clear as it may have been!

Nothing to do with cars 'seen'.

What I was trying to get across: is there any good evidence that all 301 of those first cars were KHGC110's?

I don't believe there were sufficient KHGC110's delivered to account for that range and there is a high probability that not all cars in that range had that prefix.

Using the number of your car, is there any good evidence that there were 3627 cars all with the prefix KHGC110 delivered throughout the RHD markets between the dates of production (or compliancing) of those two cars?

The page I posted addresses this.

I don't see where that page addresses anything to do with serial number sequences.

There still has been no good and valid reason for the claim that each and every prefix has it's own serial number sequence!

Having T as a floor-shift suffix would make sense of Jim's observation that all models have that letter in their code. However the KPGC110 doesn't have it. So not sure... It might just be a exception to the rule.

H is part of the prefix AND is also used in the suffix. They mean different things. I was talking about the suffix. I thought this was obvious. Sorry.

It is very well documented that for S30's it is certainly the case that there are different serial number sequences for different models. We've had a fair few confused people who thought the same as you for S30's... HLS30, HS30, S30, RS30, RLS30, PS30 etc. all have their own serial number sequence!!

From everything I have seen this is true across all Nissan models of that era.

The page addresses this in plain text.

These models start with the following vehicle serial numbers:

KHGC110-000001 KHLGC110-000001

HGC110-000001 HLGC110-000001

PC110-000001 PC110-000001

C110-000001 C110-000001

VPC110-000001 VPC110-000001

I don't know how you can argue with that? What 'evidence' are you looking for? What evidence have you got to suggest otherwise?

So, can anyone shed some light on a 240K GT coupe, with number KHGC110000170? It has a compliance date of 12/72 and the letters GT stamped above where it says "seating capacity"

I saw this one under a layer of dust in a workshop recently. Would it be Australian delivered?

Oh, it was 4 speed too, tho not sure if that was factory fitted. Still has original L24 fitted.

Yeah they were imported here as 240K GTs early on. Very early one!

The early ones were also 4-speed. From memory 5-speed was added later. It should be detailed in service manuals .... or have you got rid of them too!! Traitor!! Yer, I realise I'm being a hypocrite :P

Any pictures of it? Was it any good, and, was it for sale? :D