IGNORED

Skyline 240K C110 Rust repair panels???

Mr Camouflage

Anybody know if rust repair sections are available for the 240K (C110 Skyline) in Japan? I don't think I'd find any in Aus.

I have rust in the rear sills before the wheel, and i think it would be difficult to make up a patch with the correct contour , where the "waveline" (I've heard it called that so seems as gooder term as any) splits in 2. The lower part of the line goes right into the rusted section.

I think ie would be easier to buy a section if it were available, rather than to try and make one up.

• 2 months later...

no responses so far.

seems like a lot of such queries remain unanswered due to the simple scarcity of widespread support and interest for these awesome cars. the more i read through the threads here the more i realise just how absolutely tiny the community of C110 enthusiasts really is. i haven't seen anything quite like it.

thank heavens for this small corner of the Z club devoted to the 240K. for being (in my opinion) the best looking vintage Skyline, it sure doesn't have many followers. if one wants to be different, this is definitely a good way to go about that.

you could buy this

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DATSUN-240K-COUPE-BRAND-NEW-REAR-QUARTER-PANEL-NOS_W0QQitemZ170107293091QQihZ007QQcategoryZ102336QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

still leaves the other side though.

I borrowed a mates welder and did the job myself, it has bonded quite nicely but took a lot of grinding back. I'm now bogging over the top to smooth it out.

Yeah I saw that, but too expensive for me. I just need to fix my lower dogleg areas, but theres some complex curves going on there with the wave line thingo spliting into 2 lines there.

I was going to tackle it myself, but thought if there were sections available it would save me the effort of trying to fab one up.