IGNORED

Closing soon '70Z in Portland OR

Galaxybj

Yes, very nice car. But in my opinion the BIN is too high, and frankly, it has already been bid up higher than I'd be willing to pay. Just like mine, it's going to need all the cooling/heater hoses replaced, fuel tank vent hoses, carpet, suspension (bushings and struts), and probably seat foam, webbing and vinyl (just because of age-related hardening). Great start, but will need work to be ready to drive. Plus, it's an automatic, which is a turn off for me but not others.

Don't think it made it's reserve but it was a nice car. There is something to be said about an automatic if you have more then one 240z and you want an automatic for a daily driver. Lets say you drive the car every day especially if you are in and out of traffic. It is sometimes nice to be able to sit back and not shift. You still have one of the most beautiful sports cars ever built.

There is something to be said about an automatic if you have more then one 240z and you want an automatic for a daily driver. Lets say you drive the car every day especially if you are in and out of traffic. It is sometimes nice to be able to sit back and not shift.

Blech. Make mine manual.

Clean car - if it checks out upon close inspection..

A/T most likely driven with more care and therefore in better than average shape.

With 39K miles - you aviod having the rebuild the transmission, rear end and engine!! That's a major expense and very time consuming process. Well worth an extra $5K in my opinion.

Many of you guys in the Pacific Northwest and California... seem to be actually spoiled by the ability to go find solid 240-Z's at really cheap prices. You still seem to have it in your mind that these cars will always be worth $6K..... If I lived in those area's today - I'd be out buying ever car like this one that I get my hands on for $6K ... and sticking them away for future sales...

I personally agree that this one might be priced a bit higher than I'd like - but.... if your going to put $30K to $45K in a full restoration, does it really matter if the starting point is two, three or four thousand higher? What really matters is starting with a good solid, mostly rust free and all stock, complete car.

This one might not bring it's BIN but it will finish close...

Carl B.

Many of you guys in the Pacific Northwest and California... seem to be actually spoiled by the ability to go find solid 240-Z's at really cheap prices. You still seem to have it in your mind that these cars will always be worth $6K..... If I lived in those area's today - I'd be out buying ever car like this one that I get my hands on for $6K ... and sticking them away for future sales...
Probably true, Carl. I talked to an older lady (original owner) of a not-too-clean '73 a couple weeks ago. Car has 86,000 miles, and is totally stock. But it has rust in the hatch tray, right frame rail and left dogleg. It's eminently restorable, but being a '73 with rust, it's very hard to find a buyer for a car like that in this part of the country. Sad truth is that she'll probably end up having to sell it for a few hundred bucks to someone who'll end up parting it out. But if it were back East somewhere, it's probably worth a couple grand at least.

So yeah, we're spoiled out here. If more people from the rest of the country ever start buying out here and shipping back East, our prices will go way up.