IGNORED

Which CB radio do you carry?

TomoHawk

It is, but it depends on local laws. Each city can decide for themselves, but I think it ought to be a national law, like the smoking ban.

Apparently, only the law-abiding people refrain from using the cell phones while driving; the other 95% of drivers think they are good enough drivers to do both. You see such drivers in the evening TV new almost every day now.

Got what you were asking that the entire Cell Phone aficionado’s are missing

YOU STILL CAN’T BEAT A CB FOR A REPORT WHERE THE COPS ARE!

Any of the truck stops from my experience have a pretty good selection of CB's with some pretty knoowledgeable people close by for guidance

YOU STILL CAN’T BEAT A CB FOR A REPORT WHERE THE COPS ARE!
Years ago, this was a concern of mine as well. But I've since come to the realization that a simpler way to deal with this is to simply drive a more reasonable speed. If you need to drive fast, take it to the track.

I have a CB in my 4Runner that gets used regularly on off-roading trips with local clubs. We also use FRS radios mostly for in camp communications, but they don't have the range of the CB. Some use them on the trail when we're all lined up and moving through an area together. Personally, I have both going so I don;t miss any of the conversations.

With regards to 40 channels providing more privacy, that's not an accurate statement. The CB radio consists of an open, broadcast based system that provide absolutely no privacy whatsoever. More channels simply increases the possibility that you will find a channel clear of chatter, and that's probably what you meant, but that's very different than "privacy". And while we're talking privacy, if you think your wireless handset attached to your telephone line at home, or your cell phone conversations are "private", think again. With a few simple mods, many publicly available frequency scanners can "listen in" on your conversations. Don't ask me how I know.

Edited by =Enigma=
clarity