IGNORED

Squeaky rear!!

swissrugby

Hi All

After just having installed a set of Tokico shocks and new springs as well as replacing all the old rubber with new Neoprene, I now have a lot of squeaks and creaks coming from the rear suspension, just wondering if anyone knows if this is just due to the new bushes etc needing to bed in.

Any help on finding out how to get hold of list of original paint numbers for the 73 240Z's would also be great!

Appreciate any comments!

Cheers

Rob

Hi All

After just having installed a set of Tokico shocks and new springs as well as replacing all the old rubber with new Neoprene, I now have a lot of squeaks and creaks coming from the rear suspension, just wondering if anyone knows if this is just due to the new bushes etc needing to bed in.

Did you lubricate the bushings when you installed them? Most poly bushing kits come with some really sticky water-proof grease that you are supposed to use on all poly-to-metal contact surfaces if you don't want sqeeks. Even then it doesn't always work, but it did pretty well on my 280Z when I redid it all in poly.

Did you lubricate the bushings when you installed them? Most poly bushing kits come with some really sticky water-proof grease that you are supposed to use on all poly-to-metal contact surfaces if you don't want sqeeks. Even then it doesn't always work, but it did pretty well on my 280Z when I redid it all in poly.

Hi MDBrandy

Of course the bushes are all Poly, dont know what i was on writing neoprene........

I didnt get any grease with the kit and I had them installed by a local mechanic, will check with him what lubricant, if any, he used! Thanks for the reply!

cheers, Rob

Lubricant came with my bushings (bought them in pieces and not a kit). I used another grease type and thoroughly greased every bushing-to-metal contact. The last thing I wanted was to hear squeaking after all the work I did.

So far not a single squeak to be heard.