IGNORED

Header for l28

Cincy_280Z

Lots of header threads here. You need to do a search for this info, rather than try to ask it all over again.

How would there ever be any threads on anything if no one ever asked. This is the worst site for this. If someone asked a question that I could answer I wouldn't tell them to search it. I'd offer my opinion. Thanks for the help people. :rolleyes:

How would there ever be any threads on anything if no one ever asked. This is the worst site for this. If someone asked a question that I could answer I wouldn't tell them to search it. I'd offer my opinion. Thanks for the help people. :rolleyes:

It has been asked many times, that's just the point. There's a lot of info on this site to answer your question without even having to ask. Sorry to get all Scrooge-like. And just a side note, this site is MUCH nicer about indulging people's questions than HybridZ.org (Considered a sister site to this one for modded Z's I suppose). They get quite cranky if you don't use the search function.

Autocross build?

I'd worry about suspension first...looks like you've lowered car quite a bit, How?

Engine still pretty much stock in engine compartment?

If built to the hilt, will need larger primaries.....1"1/2-1"5/8

Stock you'll want smaller runners, close to what I had on ebay couple weeks back 1"3/8" primaries.

Again,Engine not that important on the local autocross circuit.

This site may not be the ultimate site for performance questions....although its full of great people, just not a performance site.....Overload of info on HybridZ.org......read some threads there first and post some specific engine details before asking, or you may get same response on hybrid.

Good luck with your autocroser,

David

I understand your feelings, Brendan, as I did the same thing here when I was new. But the reality is that you'll get more and better info on many of these often-discussed topics from a search than you will from a new thread.

You see, unlike for many more modern cars, the reality is that there really isn't anything new on many of these topics to discuss. For example, no new suppliers have appeared on the market for L-series headers, all the current choices have been around for quite some time. So there isn't anything new to be gained by a new thread. In fact, by doing a new thread and depending solely upon the answers of the current members, you are missing out on a pile of data from prior members, members who don't post often, members who have sold their Zs, or even members who have died. A couple of searches will give you more info from a wider cross-section of people in a much shorter time.

Other topics that are best served by searches include exhaust selection, SU carb adjustment, 5 speed transmission conversions and putting 240Z bumpers on a 280Z. In all cases, there are no new ideas to discuss, and far more info available by searching that you will get with a new thread.

Thanks for the advice. I have a faster computer now so I'm going to use the search. That pic was from the previous owner. It sits a bit higher now. It has ST swaybars, tokico illumina strut and spring kit, 8 pt roll cage, stitch welded the entire frame, solid steering rack bushings. I still need a few things. I want to weld in solid bushings for the entire suspension. The engine is mostly stock. It will probably be that way until 2008.

I have a faster computer now so I'm going to use the search.

I find this comment a bit odd since the power needed to do the search is actually done on the server side and not the client. :stupid: The things that will help speed up the display of search results will be 1) an increase in server CPU power, 2) an increase in server RAM (but only if excessive memory swapping is taking place), or 3) an increase in bandwidth between you and your ISP.

Anyway, I'm glad to see you decided to stop making excuses and use the search feature. :rolleyes:

Enigma... my last computer was a 4 year old gateway. I only had dial up. I now have a mac book pro, wich is equipped for wireless broadband. Which I found out, someone in my apt. complex has. With my old setup it would take me hours to find things on the internet. Now pull your head out of your arse. And dont give me a hard time. Your post was completly useless.

FWIW, i have a 6-1 MSA header that i have not yet installed. as far as performance goes, i have found that a potentual weak spot (read "area of backpressure") is at the final part of the collector. it almost bowls in. difficult to describe. if i had a pic i would show you. anyway, if you want the most flow i would recommend cutting off about an inch from the supplied collector and weld in a tapered section to connect to the exhaust.

my $.02