Center valance - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Center valance

Featured Replies

hey everyone,

Anybody have any ideas on where I can get a new front valance for a 72z? I am willing to buy either a steel or fiberglass one. Also, I have noticed that some early z car valances had a narrow lip and some had a wider one. Whats the difference?

Are you talking about this part?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-240Z-FRONT-VALANCE-CENTER_W0QQitemZ140064837797QQihZ004QQcategoryZ33638QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My microfiche says it's part 62600-E4100, now F2600-E4100 & if available they're $130 or so.

Regarding the difference in the two, I can't speak from experience because I'm most familiar with my '72. But the part number changed in 7/72. Could the ones you're referring to be for the '73, thus different? I didn't think they moved the turn signal lenses above the bumper until '74 but that's honestly a guess.

FWIW...

Unless yours is severely mangled you should be able to save it. Mine got ran over/stepped on a few times. A little hammer&dolly and less than 1/16 skim coat of filler is all it took. (One hour total time) I was wanting to replace it but decided the money could be spent in more important areas. This is an easy part to fix because it is relatively flat.

Jim

  • Author

yes that is the part I am talking about. This past summer I attended the South Florida Z-fest and saw both types on some of the 240's there. By the way I also saw a fiberglass one there. Thanks for the input though.

I need a Center Valence for my 1972 240Z as well.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

correct me if I am wrong, but I think the earlier 240s (pre-72) had the valance with the larger lip ~1"

My very mangled valence off the 240z is original... It has a lip that is about and inche deep.

  • Author

The valance that I have has a lip that is approx. 1/4 inch wide. I am starting to believe that It does not belong to my car. It is not badly damaged but I would prefer to have an unmolested one.

Matt

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.