IGNORED

Steering wheel ID help

Victor Laury

Victor,

I believe that it is a C10-series Skyline steering wheel, and more specifically was first seen on the GC10 'Skyline GT' ( 4 door ) model.

This design was fitted to a few other C10-series models too, and the stylised 'D' for Datsun could have been original if the wheel in the car in question was originally an Export model ( the Domestic C10-series Skyline would not have had 'Datsun' or 'D' on it anywhere...... only 'Nissan' or the stylised 'N' that looked like a 'P' as a nod to Prince ).

Here's a scan from the 1968 GC10 sales brochure:

post-2116-14150798838433_thumb.jpg

Mystery solved I think; g72s20 and Mr Camouflage appear to have nailed it. Looks 100% like the 240K GT steering wheel, and the horn pad is correct to boot.

Is it my imagination, or do the 'spokes' on the C-110 version look slightly fatter than the older C-10 wheel?

Mines a GL but basically identicaly to a GT.

I've never seen a C10 wheel apart from pictures, they look similar, but are different. The C110 does look fatter.

Also the GT-R version didn't have the spoke horn buttons (and was a leather style wheel like the nissan competition wheel) and the center logo was different for home market (JDM) cars.

Lachlan would know more.