IGNORED

c10/c110 rear coilovers

73skyline

i havent had a chance to work on the front coilovers as of yet...ill be getting some 280zx struts and get them done off the car so when thier done i can just pop them in...i have tein camber plates off a 240sx(s13) that fit perfect. as soon as i get the rears all done with all the kinks out i wanna get the car shipped out to get the motor running then bring back for brakes and front suspension.

i got a phone call today and a magazine wants my car to be in their issue upcoming issue....unfortunately my car is not done but they really wanna shoot the car regardless of the project....hopefully we can shoot a before and after....so i have 2 weeks from today to get the car somewhat presentable....gonna be hard since i dont have my headlights and other minor details,,,,,plus the car isnt running.....ill do my best to make the car look presentable and hopefully give the people in the US a second look at the Kenmeri c110.

matt when im all done ill get in touch with you and if your interested ill try to help you on getting the perfect ride height for your car. im planning to get another set of rear coils....around 500# cuz of the angle it will be close to 250# coils.....so my 300# coils are about 177# a bit soft but i havent cranked the shock damper yet,..so maybe you might be interested in these for daily driving.

73skyline,

If you can get a set of C210 struts they are more suitable than 280ZX.

C210 had 270mm discs vs 280ZX 252mm discs.

The caliper sits further out on the C210 - ie the caliper offset from the bolt holes to the centre of the pad is nearly identical but the mounting point on the strut is further out from the axle centreline.

Then you can go with 504/604 Pug 270mm x 20mm ventilated discs, 5mm thick spacer between the disc and the hub, plus a set of 87/88 Toyota 4WD four piston calipers.

Pretty much a bolt together deal.

Some of the six cylinder models from the same years would be worth investigating as they may also have had the 270mm solid discs.

A set of 260/280Z struts can also be used particularly when going to coilover - just use the C110 upper plate with appropriate spring seat adaptor.

That will also give 270mm discs but you then have to use C110 hubs.

• 1 month later...