IGNORED

Parts in Geelong

Roujin

Hi all

can anyone please tell me where i can get parts for a 280ZX in Geelong.

I currently do a hell of a lot of buisness with Z Worx in Mordialloc but they are too far away and the parts take too long to get here (even though they are very helpfull).

Any help is apreciated

Actually Jim, you would be surprised at how many parts you actually CAN get from the dealers.

Here in the U.S. there's several guys making some serious $ re-selling parts on e-bay that they bought from the dealer....and they are parts that "everybody knows" are not available at the dealer. That's why they're making a killing on them.

I'm not sure if the club's microfiche cd covers the zx, (someone else please answer that one), but if it does, that is the sure way of getting helped at the dealers....give them a part number. That way they can actually look the part up and maybe even find it.

If the dealer's part departments down under are anything like the U.S. one's then they'll only look up current and/or not too old models....like within the last 5 years. Otherwise you'll get the famous lazy clerk's answer...If it's not on the shelf, then we're out! (and this is especially infuriating when you see them standing next to a box of stock that needs to be put out).

E

I am one whom will tell you I have found parts that I was told you could no longer get five or six years ago, All of them from Nissan dealers. Things like both front fenders the hood and several little clips and gas filler tube, Hoses All the rubber bushings for both the front and rear suspension. Just to begin with. So, laugh at us if you want to it just keeps these parts in stock longer. Oh yeah both door handles drivers mirror. These are all out there if you have the part numbers when you walk in the door. I will say that getting the Parts CD made this possible before I was just laughed at.