IGNORED

Attacked by rust

240kconvertible

Photo's as promised.

As you can see it's a very simple cheap roof, a far cry from your Saab. At least I can use it for a template to get a nice one made up. The whole thing is just clipped on around the sides, a few screws and clips along the boot line and 2 screws per side of the support beams.

The roof when down was either left behind for the day or just thrown into the back seat, if I had friends in the back it could be rolled up and sat on the rear parcel shelf.

A powered roof for her is the thing of dreams.

I've checked out the Saab ones and can only wish :rolleyes:

post-9623-14150798419257_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150798420746_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150798421846_thumb.jpg

post-9623-1415079842279_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150798423746_thumb.jpg

Miles, I was thinking along the same lines-If a replacement top could be found of roughly the same dimensions from a parts catalogue (JC whitney, perhaps), it could be adapted to the "new" car.

240K...-what is the distance from the B to C pillar, and the width from corner to corner?

Surely there is something close in size.

At least you have a working template for the time being.

maybe an old 900 convertible? i think they are the oldest saab's i can remember in convertible.. i certainly can't think of any other 4 seater convertibles that would be available in a scrap yard (probably best to try and get a cheap 900 out of the paper just for the roof?

Hey who needs a roof anyway LOL

There are so many things to do to the car before the roof that I'll just get new zip out windows put into the roof (cost $220 from mate) and keep using the old one to begin with.

What would rather see on her, an automatic roof or a supercharger? Anyway it never gets driven with the roof up! it's just not right.

Thanks for the tips though, would the Saab roof be able to fold onto the rear parcel shelf? I don't really want to cut anymore of her apart.

What I do desperately need is new rubbers for EVERYTHING (except rear windows), window strips, new glass, bottom of windscreen driver side chrome strip - i bent mine:stupid:, original fuel chrome filler cap- mines in the boot, Any help with these would be greatly appreciated.

I did a measured up on the engine and to get the front cylinders of the V8 in line with the axel line, a fair chunk of the firewall will dissappear. It's only the heater radiator assembly that will be lost though so no biggie. We all know that for this car to not handle like a pig I need all the weight behind the front wheels.

It's booked in for the engineering/panelshop work to be carried out in 6 weeks time. I can't stop thinking about it, I'm like a little kid who's waiting for Santa to come.

Drew

Yeah that video is on YouTube - pretty cool stuff :) Actually there are quite a lot of car advertisements there. Some pretty funky ones LOL

I just bought a CD that was described as full of old Skyline commercials...... cost me a pretty penny but hopefully it is good. Watch this space ;)

i know exactly how you feel :) just watch your pockets.. money has a tendency to dissapear easily when you get carried away!

yeah the 900 convertible's roof folds onto the back shelf.

i have bought a few rubber kits from rarespares.net none, have been fitted yet, but they look pretty good, and a complete list of rubbers (though since you don't have top door seals, you may be better off buying them individually from rarespares.net..

Rare spares nice I'll call them now, thanks Kent

I'm willing to contribute to the cost of that CD if your willing to send me a copy. As everyday passes I become more and more obsessed with classic Skylines.

As soon as my convertible is finished I'll have room for another. I'm after a

C10 as my next one (hey dream believer) or one of those Prince Skylines that came out here in the 60's.

yeah, i would love a C10 too.. but chances of finding one in australia is pretty slim.. i guess it is similar to the probs the yanks have.. if you want one you have to find one and import it.. i would n't like to think how much that would cost for a std hardtop..