Rear brake drum stuck. - Page 2 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Rear brake drum stuck.

Featured Replies

Mark,

Thanks. Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

My car is an early 71, so I believe it should be the same as yours.

thanks again.

Marty

Over the years everytime that I have had to remove the drums I use a large puller with an air impact. It works everytime and I haven't damaged a drum yet. This time when I reinstalled them I gave the axel hub a lite coating of anti seize, we'll see in a few years if it makes the job any easier.

I rented a puller the first time, $25 for the day, after that I went down and bought a set of the cheap china crap ones for $25, got like four of them in the set and they are still going strong after 20 years. They aren't as nice or as good as the ones I have at work but they do the job.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.