E-brake cable hangers? - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

E-brake cable hangers?

Featured Replies

The rubber hangers that keep the cable off the half shaft... Any one have a fix for these?

Huh? What year car? My '71 uses small springs, not rubber. The parts CD seems to agree, for all non-ZX cars. See number 27 in the picture attached.

post-8596-14150798169066_thumb.jpg

  • Author

11/74.. so I think the body is closer to the 280z.

post-12064-14150798169428_thumb.jpg

I'm not certain those are original. the parts CD shows springs for all 240/260/280Z. I'm certain that my '71 doesn't have anything like that, I just changed the cable a few months ago.

I can attest...my 280Z has springs. Never seen rubber mounts before.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

That explains why I cant find replacements.. Another Z mystery solved.

I'll have to check on my 75Z to see what it has on it. I believe it has the rubber things as well as the springs too.

webdawg1

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.