Is chassis worth saving - Page 2 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Is chassis worth saving

Featured Replies

I would say that unless the car has some special meaning to you then it wouldnt be worth repairing it. You will be able to find a better shell to build up from and save heaps of $$ in the process. But it can be done, I personally would not.

  • 2 months later...

Thats tough, I mean if we got rid of all the shells now, there won't be any later.

i mean i would do it..but then again im also going to be doing this to a 280zx, only bc if was my fiances uncles car and that is all they have to remember him by now...

All depends on if you really want to save that one car , yes very much could be done but as others have said is it worth it? Just a matter of how bad you want to , and where you are and how much you can afford to spend. But I think a better shell will shave you money in the long run, even the engine looks rusted.

The real question is whether you have the tools, aptitude, space, understanding wife/girlfreind, etc.. Of course it can be done. I had to wait several years before I had all the items above in a row before tearing my Z apart. The wait is worth it though.

My body shell wasn't quite as bad but many people urged me to start with a better shell. I chose not to. Challenges like this are a great way to test what you're made of. You'd be surprised at what you can accomplish on a car by taking on a 3'x3' section at a time.

Jim

Here's a link that might help

http://warbuddies.homestead.com/RestoHelp.html

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Jeff, restoration of a shell in that condition could put a clean low mile driver in your garage.I,ve taken a number of a 37 k surviver recently on e-bay located in Guelph, worth checking it out

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.