IGNORED

Better Hurry - Key Blank on eBay!

moonpup

my zed is a 72 and the original key has an oval shape head. also there is no upside down. ( it's like a ford key) you can't put the key in backwards. i though all 240z locks where like mine. these keys for auction have a top and bottom. maybe for a b210 or something, i don't know.

Early ones had the single side key. But I thought they were supposed to have an oval head. These look like the blanks for mid/late 60s Datsuns rather than the Z. They look like the mirror image of the blank that fits my 1964 L320 pickup.

Originally posted by: sblake01

Early ones had the single side key. But I thought they were supposed to have an oval head.

Yeah, I knew the early Z's had the oval head for the ignition, but since they had two keys (the other for the doors, hatch, etc.) I wasn't sure what kind of head the other key had.

I know it's been posted here before since I've read several threads about the keys, just couldn't remember when I posted this eBay link.

Oh well, I'm sure Carl or 26th will remind us. LOL

I knew I'd seen them here before, check out page 4, post #60 on this thread. What do y'all think..the same?

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20530&page=4&highlight=original+key

my zed is a 72 and the original key has an oval shape head. also there is no upside down. ( it's like a ford key) you can't put the key in backwards. i though all 240z locks where like mine. these keys for auction have a top and bottom. maybe for a b210 or something, i don't know.

Here is an auction for the oval key blanks. So far the price seems reasonable. I've seen them go for much higher.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-240Z-260Z-280Z-Key-Blanks-Genuine-Nissan_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ40016QQihZ017QQitemZ270015104717QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Here is an auction for the oval key blanks. So far the price seems reasonable. I've seen them go for much higher.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-240Z-260Z-280Z-Key-Blanks-Genuine-Nissan_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ40016QQihZ017QQitemZ270015104717QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Those are for the late '71 and on. The Series 1 ignition key was single sided like the early door key, and the head was not oval, but shaped more like a pennant. Search for 'key blanks' and you'll probably find out all about them.

Hi Arne, koreavet was just confirming which keys came with zhead240's 72 Z. I don't think he was suggesting that those keys were for the "early Z's".

I probably helped in the confusion with my statement "Yeah, I knew the early Z's had the oval head for the ignition...snip".

I knew it wasn't a true oval but didn't know the best way to describe it.

"shaped more like a pennant" works for me!