IGNORED

6 into 2 header then 1?

carguyinok

ok has anyone out there kept there 6 into 2 header at 2 rather then y ing it back into 1. I have been thinking about running my ex. with 2 1/4 pipes and glasspack style muff. one dumping out the pass. side and one out drivers side bolth just in front of the rear wheels. The pipes would be tucked under the the car but exit out where sidepipes would end.

I have A new rear skirt being made without the tail pipe cutaway. So thats no big deal. Any other downfalls with doing this?

:beard:

"Any other downfalls with doing this? "

Yeah, like Grantman, I can think of a big one: Ground Clearance.

There was a V-8 Z at the Blackhawk show with exhaust terminations at the positions you indicated. It was a pretty rough black primered one with 'Scarab' emblems. Didn't crawl around to see how they did it.

I also have a Popular Mechanics article with pix from mid-70's that details a V-8 conversion in a 240 and the owner had run 'side pipes'. Ala Corvette. Remember those? They did not have protective shrouds and the owner noted that exiting the vehicle in shorts was a cautious endeavor. Ya think?

steve77

I have had side pipes on my vette and can say (show with scars)

shrouds over side pipes just gives the burn neat lil stars n clovers look. cuz thats the shapes of the lil cut-outs in the 70s shrouds.

I thank you all for the advice on everything but look for my next post. some big change of plans just hit.:tapemouth