how do I get the bumper off? - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

how do I get the bumper off?

Featured Replies

I know about the four bolts in front of the grill, but what else is holding on the front bumper?

In addition to the bolts in the front, there are bolts on either side near the ends. Finding them can be tough if there is a lot of built up dirt and debris built up over the years. They are below the marker light, close to the seam where the headlight bucket attaches to the fender.

If you have a 240, you can unbolt the bumper mount itself from the inner body under the hood hinges, or you can unbolt the mount from the bumper itself. It's a bit easier to take the bolts from the mounting bracket on the frame, the ones behind the bumper can be a pain if they are rusted badly.

  • Author

cool,

now I can get that thing off. I looked at it for a while, but now I know where to look.

thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.