IGNORED

Gas/fuel tank restore

280~Master

For less than $50.00 you can do it your self. POE-15 sells a kit for tanks.
And if you're too lazy to do it yourself, I think if you ask around you'll find that local radiator shops can do this without the hassle of shipping it.

And if you're too lazy to do it yourself, I think if you ask around you'll find that local radiator shops can do this without the hassle of shipping it.

i know that the radiator shop by me does tanks for 60 or 65 bucks. and it usually only takes them a day or two to get it done.

Ya I know the shop around me will do them for about 65 to 100 depending on condition. But when you take it to a Radiator shop they just soak it with muric acid for a few hours at a time, to eat the rust away. I don't think many would open it up and sandblast the bad $^!# away for 65 bucks. If they do let me know so I can send a couple of tanks to them. Even using acid and POR 15 you might not get to every spot in the tank. If its opened up you can see inside better, plus you can get around the inside of the baffle that hold the pick-up line.

I am on the POR wagon. Who said the redone tank was opened up. Is probably the same process as the one done by others. No one takes the effort to do the processes as well as the owner of a restore will. If you follow the POR directions I can not see how you can miss any surface in the tank. Of course there are always the ones who will short cut the process and then complain that it does not work. All of the ones done up here are completely clean and giving us no problems.

JMO