IGNORED

any melbourne 240K people here?

khughes

Hi Guys

do we have any 240K members in melbourne? i know bruce has moved up from there.

I need to get a replacement radiator made up by a company called "desert coolers" in melbourne, apparently they are very very good.

I have spoken to them and i need to get a standard 240K radiator to them, and i was wondering if anyone is in melbourne that has either a spare radiator that they could lend to desert coolers while they make mine up, or can take a 240k there so they can measure it up for me.

i am trying to avoid the hassle of having to post a heavy radiator to them

there is no hurry by the way

• 3 weeks later...

Is that 'aussie desert coolers' in murray st, preston?

I dont live too far from there, i'd be happy to drive down one day and let them get some measurements... my datto is just sitting in the carport at the moment not going very far due to a few problems, but is driveable.

The only issue is I think the radiator was replaced before i got the car, possibly by Natrad, I'l have to check that out though my memory is hazy.

If that isnt an issue, then im happy to do it :)

That is the one!

I think as long as they can measure up the size of the radiator, and see the mounting bracket locations, then that would be fine.

It doesn't have to be done immediatly, as i need to get my engine brought forward and see exactly how thick i can go with the radiator.

If that is okay with you, i will ring them up in a couple of weeks (probably closer to a month when i know my measurements) and let them know you will drop around at some stage.

can you pm me your email address?

much appreciated! saves me a huge amount of messing around

could be :) i don't know if there would be enough of us for a really good price (unless anybody knows any other really good custom radiator joint owners personally :) )

it is going to be pretty thick (maybe even 100mm) though probably 3 or 4 core, not really suitable unles your running electric fans, probably only good to those of us doing a conversion. i am running an intercooler in front of mine, so i need much better cooling.

I can't say i know much about radiators and ideal thicknesses etc. but when i speak to them i will let you all know.

i will post up what i think the measurements will be once i get my engine mounted properly and know what i have to work with (couple of weeks i am hoping)