IGNORED

73 Hazard switch removal

EricB

Quick ?:

On a 73 240, how does the Hazard knob (the part you pull on to activate the Hazard lights) separate from the rest of the Hazard switch?

I've got a switch still attached to the metal support structure and I want to remove it so I can fit a new dash skin over the metal support...

The opening in the new skin that corresponds to the Hazard switch is of a smaller diameter than the knob itself of course...

ideas?

Is it just pushed on? I've pulled a little but it did not budge... pull harder?

thanks,

-e

Eric,

To have the dash cap fit like a glove, after you glue it in place take your heat gun and carefully heat the edges. Using a flat screwdriver you can manipulate the plastic to conform to the underlying original dash. Don't overheat as it will cause it to shrink.

And as Enrique has already pointed out, you twist the Hazard switch to remove the knob, then using a "fork" you unscrew the retaining ring.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
Eric:

I won't pull a Tonya on you and tell you to use the search button.

PUSH in on the knob, TURN the knob slightly, REMOVE by sliding it off.

But do familiarize yourself with the Search feature...

E

Bad advice guys. Much more complicated than a simple twist. Better find other advice.

Edited by dk240z