IGNORED

Mixed Emotions

onuthin

Driving home today in RED71Z my temp almost pegged the gauge before I noticed.I shut it down and coasted into an old store with gas pumps looking for water.As I coasted up to the pumps steam came out from under the hood.The problem was just a small hole in the heater hose.No problem I only had about two miles to get home. As I stood by waiting for it to cool down a young fellow about 19 drove up in a riced up honda civic and got out.He walked around my car real slow without saying a word just studying it. After a long silence he looked at me and said "great looking car" That made me feel good.Then he asked " What kind is it". I told him a 240Z. He looked puzzled " who makes it". Datsun I said. He looked more puzzled than ever and just said"oh" and walked off. I filled it up with water and drove home.I always feel young when I drive my Z like I did back in 73 when I bought my first one.:love: But the short trip home after that made me feel real old:( But now the way I feel is greatful to have had the chance to have been able to drive a Z when it was new and to drive a Z 33 years later and still feel young:)

What you are forgetting is the part of the sentace he did not verbalize. What he said to you AND himself was:

Oh, I don't know anything about Datsun. Other than buying bolt ons, I really don't know about cars. Just so I don't look ignorant, I will stop talking at "oh".

Don't feel old, feel informed and experienced! Just imagine all you know and how long it will be before Bill Ramsey gets it!

SOrry Bill!

Will

P.S. They do say the memory is the first to go...

Please dont feel old. And look at it like this. Of course owners of the competition(Ex.Honda,Toyota) will not have done their homework on a classic. A guarnteed classic and not a riced out JDM. Our cars have pedigree(after you fight the rust other little problems that come up. LOL). I have a Z33 as well. I have done somethings to it to make it faster but right now the 240 gets all the love.