IGNORED

Dirt in oil pan????

First of all my brother and I were stocking up my Z on the needies antifreeze,oil, etc. So I pop open the oil pan and I am not suprised the oil is pure black. So as I am laying on the ground with the jug under the oil pan chunks of mud start plopping out, not a huge amount but, enough to make me worried. What do you think is wrong/ what will I have to do to clean everything up?:stupid: :stupid:

Are you sure it was dirt based mud or was it perhaps sludge caused by moisture mixing with the water? In any event,at a minimum I'd probably put a new oil filter on it, run some engine flush through it, drain it, change the filter again, drive it for a few hundred miles and then do it all again one more time, assuming that everything looks ok after that. If not, repeat ad infinitum.

want a hint as to how to get it off easier? Well, get a power drill, and put an adaptor in it for a 10mm socket. Then that will zip all of the bolts out fast, I can do it in under 3 minutes now with the drill, and then finish up with a ratchet. The pan will come right off of the engine, you just have to angle the pan right to clear the transmission bellhousing and engine crossmember. While you're at it, clean the crap off of your oil sump filter.