IGNORED

how much for 240 or 260

rice is a food

Im buying a 240z or 260z in the near future... how much should i pay for a car thats not rusted out... its going to be a project car cuz im gunna strip it down to the frame and start from scratch... how much should i pay for one thats just not rusted out

I'm not being a wise-a__ but you are going to have to pay whatever it takes to get a rust free car. They are not easy to come buy as all the cars have had a rust problem at one time or another in their life. It's almost impossible to find one that has absolutely no rust. You might find one for 500 bucks somewhere if you are lucky, and you might find to get one rust free will cost you 5 grand.

Best advice I can give is to find one that has a decent price that you can live with, and one that has easily repairable rust problems if it has any. Replacing a rocker panel or even a rear quarter panel is easy when compared to replacing frame rails, floors, or under the battery tray.

It's all a matter of what you can find in your area, every area of the country is going to have a different price scale depending on how many cars are available and their condition. Shop around and be patient, sooner or later one will show up that fits your needs and budget. Check out the local papers too, never know what you may find in there, and it's liable to be a lot cheaper from someone who has no appreciation for the Z and doesn't realize they are increasingly hard to find in good shape.

Replacing a rocker panel or even a rear quarter panel is easy when compared to replacing frame rails, floors, or under the battery tray.

i dont care about liek the corner panels that much that what i mean si the frame rails and floors... i found one 260 for 1900 in my neighborhood it dont have any rust cept for on the doors wich i can live with is this reasonable do you think if runs fine

I'd say 1900 is a pretty reasonable price for a decent running 260 if it has no hidden rust problems. Be sure to check it over thoroughly. If it is an early 260 with carbs it would be an even better deal for the price than if it were the 74 1/2 model with FI and the big bumpers. If it has carbs one of the easiest ways to improve the car is to swap out the flat top carbs for the earlier round tops and you will have a much more reliable car.

Just be sure to check for any hidden rust problems, use a magnet to check for any bondo repairs in the body and be sure to check out under the battery tray and in the inner fender/frame rail area. If there are no hidden problems then 1900 is probably a very good price, especially in your area where cars tend to rust out a little faster than some of the other areas of the country.