IGNORED

Magic stuff

1 Bravo 6

Some time ago,

I mentioned that the plastic plate on the dash that reads Datsun 260Z (or 240Z, whatever), had lost it's chromed look.

My "She Who Must Be Obeyed Because She's Never Wrong Even When I'm Right" told me of some stuff that can be purchased at a handicraft store. Has a nice, shiny finish to it, comes in a variety of colours, including chrome. All you need to do ia rub it on. Anyone into assembling plastic models will have used the product.

Here's how it turned out.

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

post-2520-1415079685434_thumb.jpg

Rick, Please tell your wife her long lost sister is alive and well and sitting on Her throne, right here with me as her loyal subject . (Man I hope she doesn't see this, if so just kidding honey, Love ya Boss, er I mean Baby) Mike

My "She Who Must Be Obeyed Because She's Never Wrong Even When I'm Right"

Rick.

G'Day there Bart,

The name of the product is, "FAB FOILS". Barb got it from a shop selling Folk Art. The foils she has are a Chrome finish, Gold and one that has multicoloured swirls. There are many others.

The foil is used in conjunction with a "SAILOR" brand, 2 in 1 glue pen.

According to the foil packet, they have a website;

www.stampit.com.au

While this is an Australian product, I'm sure there would be an American equivelant.

Hope that's of some help to you,

Rick.

Hey Mike,

If I ever get to America, I'll certainly make a point of including Little Rock on the itinerary. We'll leave "Those Who Rule" together while we go down to the local pub for a few hours and swap "Serfdom" stories.

Rick.

Virto,

G'Day there Kelly,

Yair mate, worked fine on the knobs. Also fixed the logo in the centre of the steering wheel, the oblong ridge around the radio and the air/heater controls.

I didn't use it on anything external in case the product is not weather resistant.

Rick.

Hey, you posted this already! LOL Still, it's worth bringing up again. I used a "chrome" pen because I could not find the foil you speak of. It looks good (much better than any other silvery pen I've seen) but not how it is supposed to look (ie CHROME). Just have to find that foil somewhere...

G'Day Lachlan,

Yair, I know I posted this before but I did not include the photo Did I ???????

I thought that, what with the number of new members we've had lately, that it would be worthwhile posting again. I tried the pinstripe tape and hobby knife but wasn't satisfied with the final product. Alternative methods could be expensive.

I only recently got around to doing the radio and air/heater controls but the dash is the only pic I have of the finished job.

You can't find it ???????????? On the Gold Coast ????????????????? That's Folk Art Central isn't it ???????????????ROFLLOL

Rick.