Driving gloves - Page 2 - Racing - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Driving gloves

Featured Replies

  • Author

Would you really recommend that for people that just an occasional autoX or some hotlaps? or country touring?

Country touring I would say no. But for track use yes. I do some country touring and I have a pair of black leather isotoners for that. The kind with the holes in the knuckle.

  • Author

Would you cut off the fingers ( about 1/2 way?) on those Isotoners?

Man, I hope you're kidding. LOL

Me, Kidding, whoda thunk it?

Actually, these gloves go on sale regularly, and I use them for my metal work. They are thin enough to allow some "feel" through, but thick enough to keep the sharps away from the skin-I have never even considered driving in them...

Will

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I doubt I would be driving anyplace where I'd need fire-retardant clothes, unless it's sex with a flaming-hot babe!:eek:

In fact, I put a mitten on the shifter in the winter. Good place to keep it handy, and the shifter doesn't feel cold first thing in the morning, when it's -5 and icy out. I keep a blanket in the back, too, in case said babe has a short skirt on and is stranded somewhere, thumbing a ride. :rambo:

  • Author

Well, after browsing the Mall for 90 mnutes, I'd have to conclude that there are no gloves to be had. Maybe until summer, when they put the summer 'driving gloves' out, as one salesperson put it. All I could find was lined winter stuff, but even at $5 a pair, I wouldn't wear them in the sumer. My intent is to have hands that aren't all sweaty (or dry!) while driving- especially on long drives.

thx for the inputs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.