High idle when downshifting - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

High idle when downshifting

Featured Replies

I'm a new owner of a '77 280z 2+2. The car was driven very little over the last 5 or 6 yrs, 96,000 original miles. When downshifting the RPMS will jump to 2,000 - 2,100 RPM and stay that way for 2 or 3 seconds. I've heard that I need to check the BCDD?? but I don't even know what this is. I'm located in TN and I bought the car from the original owner so I don't think it's a CA car. Can anyone give me any ideas or thoughts on what might be causing the high idle. I haven't had the car completely tuned up yet. I've replaced all the rubber fuel lines on the fuel injection system as the original ones were dry rotted. Along with this I replaced the radiator last w/e. This is my son's car that we are working on together. I purchased a service manual on CD that I have available to me and I am fairly mechanically inclined.

Currently working on the same problem. There is info on EFI on the cd and you can download the EFI file from Atlantic Z. Check the air regulator and run the diagnostic tests on the ecu connector. Grab a multimeter and welcome to my world.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.